HelvetiNote™ iPad ApplicationMay 20, 2010
We all take notes - somewhere. The iPad is the perfect device to collect our thoughts and organize our notes, but the applications available all leave something to be desired. HelvetiNote™ is here to simplify and improve your note taking experience. HelvetiNote™ was designed and built specifically to fill a void in the iPad app market, and offer us all a purist and more enjoyable means of collecting our thoughts - in Helvetica.
Download HelvetiNote™ here.
HelvetiNote™ was designed and developed in close collaboration with our partners at Rage Digital.
Notes on Helvetica:
- Helvetica was developed in 1957 by Max Miedinger and Eduard Hoffmann at the Haas type foundry
- Helvetica was originally called Neue Haas Grotesk
- In 1960, the typeface's name was changed by Haas' German parent company Stempel to Helvetica
- The name Helvetica is derived from Confoederatio Helvetica, the Latin name for Switzerland
- The name change from Neue Haas Grotesk to Helvetica was to make the typeface more marketable internationally
- Today, Helvetica is one of the most widely used and internationally ubiquitous typefaces in existence